One of my favorite actors, and not even because of his looks. I watched one or two movies of his, then I was convinced i had to see them all. I didn’t yet, but it’s planned… He’s a very good actor and i think he is carefully choosing the movies he plays in. Most of them are very well received and rank on imdb with 7 stars or higher. From the movies I’ve watched so far, i will give you a top of the ones i liked the most:
- Donnie Darko (2001) – a pretty weird sci-fi movie that you might have to watch twice to really understand; and after that you will have to do some reading to find the possible meanings of it; and after that you still won’t be sure you know what it meant. 🙂
- Source Code (2011) – ten years after Donnie Darko, Jake played in this new sci-fi; a little less confusing than the other one, but still very good; also includes some romance and… spoiler alert: time travel.
- Demolition (2015) – follows the life of Davis after losing his wife in a car accident; probably you’ve heard this plot before, but this movie is different, i just don’t want to spoil it for you by giving away the details of it.
- Zodiac (2007) – it’s based on the true story of one of America’s most notorious serial killers.
- End of Watch (2012) – you will laugh, you will cry…it’s a roller-coaster, it has all emotions included..just like life; you will be very happy you were able to get past the look of the poster/cover of the movie (which for me didn’t seem convincing) and the way it is filmed in the beginning. It might make you a bit dizzy, because of the way the camera moves all the time, but don’t worry, it’s not the whole movie like that, it becomes stable after a while. When i finished seeing this movie, i must say, i was impressed. It was much better then i thought it would be, so just give it a chance. It might surprise you.
- Enemy (2013)
- Nightcrawler (2014)
- Prisoners (2013)
- Brothers (2009) – with Natalie Portman and spiderman
- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010)
For the movies mentioned above it’s difficult to put in an exact order, as they are all good… But it’s at least a guideline, if you want to watch some good movies, you can just start at the top. You will not be bored.
I’ve also seen and liked the following (in no particular order): The Good Girl (with Jennifer Aniston), Rendition, Proof (with Gwyneth Paltrow), Southpaw.
On top of my to watch list are: the famous Brokeback Mountain and the new Nocturnal Animals. Also i would really like to see Stronger, which should appear in 2017. Tatiana Maslany is on the cover together with Jake, and i think if they are both in this movie, it can be a good one. I really like the way they both act. You probably know her from the series Orphan Black (2013 -), where she can really show her talent of getting under the skin of different persons/personalities.